Data Protection & E-Commerce
- Netbasic makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (2002/58/EC)
When you register with our website, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to Netbasic (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact and bank / credit card details). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
- process your Order;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
- help fraud prevention i.e. we check card details with our credit agency and reserve the right to refuse Orders on that basis (your credit rating can be checked for a nominal fee with the main UK agencies Equifax and Experian);
- open and run your account;
- provide a more personal shopping experience.
- By making an Order or by registering for further information and submitting your data you agree to this use.
- From time to time we also monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the service to you.
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. An example of sensitive information would be your religion or a medical condition.
- You undertake that all information that you provide is accurate and current.
- Netbasic may use the information or parts of it to notify you about features and/or events or related activities that you may find useful;
- From time to time Netbasic may share this data with other reputable companies both within and outside the European Union who, together with Netbasic or not, may use the information or parts of it to occasionally notify you about Netbasic events or related activities that you may find useful.
- If you do not want Netbasic to collect or process your personal data, please do not submit it and if you have or you believe that we have data about you that is incorrect please email Netbasic at email@example.com and the information will be corrected as soon as possible or removed from our database as you request.
- In order to improve our service and the Netbasic website we may use a device known as a 'cookie'. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your Internet activity (such as whether you have visited the gamecity.co.uk website before) is recorded on your hard drive and used by us to improve the Netbasic website and the products and services available to you.
- Unless you disable "cookies" Netbasic will ask for and store Order and delivery details including name, address and bank details and may automatically insert certain information on the Order forms so that you can use the Netbasic website with the minimum amount of form filling.
You must set the ad_network_ads_197.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).